We are grateful for any support provided. General operating financial support is ideal because it can be used immediately to meet whatever needs present themselves. Donors who prefer to support specific needs/projects can consider supporting our work with gifts for these needs:
- Hand-held Doppler: $750: We use one in each of our four prenatal rooms. One is very old and needs replacing right away.
- Zofran (ondastron):Used for hyper emesis of pregnancy (vomiting so much that you get dehydrated). Zofran works well for everyone without the side effects of older, less expensive medications. Our uninsured patients can rarely afford to pay the extra money for a Zofran prescription. Ideally, it would be donated in bulk so that we can repackage it for patient use. Every gift of $40 would allow ICHC to provide Zofran for three women; more if purchased in bulk.
- Glucometers and test strips for those with gestational diabetes: $20/box of 50.
- Baby Blankets
- 4 Genie Diaper Disposals
- 1 Rectal Thermometer
- 1 Regular Thermometer
- Wall decals for one Pediatric exam room
- Furniture & Play area replacing/refurbishing: $1,000
- Children’s Books – $1,000
Adult Medical –
Pulmonary Function Testing System – $2500
Holter Monitoring System – $3500:
A Holter monitor is a battery-operated portable device that measures and tape records your heart’s activity (ECG) continuously for 24 to 48 hours or longer depending on the type of monitoring used. The device is the size of a small camera. It has wires with silver dollar-sized electrodes that attach to one’s skin. Wearing the monitor may tell the doctor:
- If one’s medicines are working.
- The cause(s) of symptoms such as dizziness/fainting, or the feeling that your heart is racing or skipping a beat.
- If one’s heart is getting enough oxygen to meet its needs.
- Oral hygiene aids:
Toothbrushes (adult, ped, infant); proxy brushes, denture brushes & cups, toothpaste, sippy cups, fluoride varnish. $5,000 for one year.
- Funding for a Saturday Dental Clinic: $30,000
Inner City Health Center’s clinic is currently operating at capacity. $30,000 will cover personnel as well as supplies for one year, after which it will be self-sustaining due to increased patient revenue.
- Increased counseling hours for one year: $20,000
Volunteers – Specific volunteer needs are listed on the volunteer link.
Whether you can contribute financially or through in-kind goods and/or your time ICHC will gratefully work with you. Please contact Linda Olson with questions about making a gift, 720-833-5087 or email@example.com.