Specific new needs in 2017:
Students: Nurse practitioner students
All NP students must be fluent in Spanish, able to conduct history, exam and teaching without an interpreter.
Please send resume to Cheryl King Simmons, CherylS@innercityhealth.org.
Help is needed with some administrative tasks, Spanish is not required for these tasks
Volunteers are the heartbeat of our organization. Ongoing needs are listed below. We are very grateful for the amazing support we receive from volunteers. THANK YOU!
Adult Medical Volunteers
All Medical volunteers must have a current Colorado license, malpractice insurance and NPI number. Specialists are asked to volunteer at least one half-day per month at ICHC or be willing to see our patients in their office at a discounted rate. Please complete this form and we will contact you.
- General Surgery
- Medical Assistant –Must be Bilingual (English and Spanish)
- RN’s may volunteer in the role of a Medical Assistant: checking patients in, checking vitals, helping with venipunctures –Bilingual preferred (English and Spanish)
- There is availability for pediatric volunteers on Fridays only
Medical Assistant Externships
- We accept one student at a time; school may contact us directly to set up externship dates. Students must be bilingual (English and Spanish)
- Currently we have all needs covered for Primary Care Physicians (Family Practice MD’s, Internal Medicine, NP’s, PA’s or Pediatric doctors)
Current needs include Dental Assistants and a Hygiene Specialist. Our dental clinic will be expanding soon and at that time we will be in need of more volunteers. If interested in volunteering or to learn more, please complete this form and we will contact you.
Congregational Health Ministry
Congregational Health Ministry is in need of the following volunteers, but not limited to this specific request:
- Nurse Practitioners, working or retired
- Registered Nurses, working or retired
- Medical Assistants
- Physical Therapist
- Help creating statistic reports
Please complete this form and we will contact you.
Here’s a great volunteer opportunity for someone (or several someones) who want to extend a wider care “hug” to Inner City Health Center Medicaid and Medicare patients. We need a Bilingual volunteer with some medical background to assist with assessment and care coordination for Medicaid and Medicare patients at Inner City Health Center.
• The goal: to empower the individual in responsibly managing his/her own health care.
• We use the health assessment and motivational interviewing. The interviewing technique helps the individual identify those health needs upon which they want to act, assess their readiness for action, and develop a plan for change.
• We also find resources and help with navigation – a guide is provided to the volunteer(s).
Contact Donna Heath, Care Coordinator for questions on duties etc., DonnaH@innercityhealth.org. Contact Cheryl King-Simmons to volunteer, CherylK@innercityhealth.org!